Job Description Summary
• As staff architect you will own Solution Architecture for one or more verticals/CIOs. You will act as strategic advisor to CIOs or their staff. Help them define their application modernization roadmaps and answer significant enterprise technology questions. You will contribute to CTO cloud strategy.
• As a Staff Solution Architect, you will be working on multiple projects as technical expert. You will understand requirements for an application/domain, take decisions on right platforms and align suitable infrastructure as needed. You will also act as Technical Project Manager on projects and ensure projects are executed per business needs.
Job Description - Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Lead/participate in a domain's app modernization discussions and answering business requirement through technology.
• Align suitable platforms towards modernization/application requirements. Align suitable infrastructure as needed.
• Expertise in system design - align solutions for various layers/aspects of an application. Align technology/platform choices based on requirements/use cases for an application. Should be able to align solutions/architecture for Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products and/or evaluate COTS products.
• Lead/Participate in the domain technical and business discussions related to future architect direction.
• Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level.
• Participate in the architecture governance model.
• Own design and deployment of solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities, for different businesses.
• Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
• Responsible for vendor evaluation within functional space, providing recommendations for selection, and on-going relationship management.
• Implement industry best practices on security and compliance standards on products and tools
• Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
• Be Technical Project Manager for your projects and ensure they meet constraints of cost, time, quality and scope set by business.
• Develop peer, cross-functional and cross- Business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or STEM majors. A minimum 8 years of professional experience.
Desired Characteristics-Technical Expertise:
• Skilled level expertise in system design - understand application requirements/use cases and align solutions
• Expertise in AWS and/or Azure services. Multi-cloud experience is preferred.
• Desirable: AWS and/or Azure Certifications
• Experience of cloud migrations
• Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
• Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
• Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
• Familiar with concepts of costing software and hardware components.
Business Acumen & Leadership:
• Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
• Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
• Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
• Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
• Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
• Ability to consult customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level
• Ability to Analyze, design, and develop a software solution roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state of the business.
• Working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost implications; Experience with complex solution configurations.
• Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
• Able to lead early stage customer interactions
• Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
• Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement
• Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
• Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
• Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources, rally teammates.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
• Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership
• Shares business critical information in a timely manner. Makes decisions based on data & analytics.
• Ability to shortlist clear & critical priorities, align priorities with stakeholders & business.
• Understands the customer experience, improves what matters to customer.
• Believes in continuous improvement, treats challenges as opportunities to get better.
• Is inclusive. Appreciates differences and contributions.
• Engage in development opportunities. Dives deeper than headlines & snapshots.
• Communicates honestly, constructively & courageously. Coaches others & helps them to stretch. Gives & asks for honest, observable feedback.