You will be part of global technology team comprising of Dev, QA and BA teams and will be responsible for analysis, design, development and testing.
You will be working on one of the core technology platforms responsible for the end of day calculation as well as dissemination of index values.
What’s in it for you:
You will have the opportunity to work on the enhancements to the existing index calculation system as well as implement new methodologies as required.
- Development of Java applications for SPDJI web sites and its feeder systems.
- Participate in multiple software development processes including Coding, Testing, De-bugging & Documentation.
- Develop software applications based on clear business specifications.
- Work on new initiatives and support existing Index applications.
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Develop web based applications and build rich front-end user interfaces.
- Build applications with object oriented concepts and apply design patterns.
- Integrate in-house applications with various vendor software platforms.
- Setup development environment / sandbox for application development.
- Check-in application code changes into the source repository.
- Perform unit testing of application code and fix errors.
- Interface with databases to extract information and build reports.
- Effectively interact with customers, business users and IT staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- (2 to 4) years of IT experience in application development and support.
- Strong Experience with Java, J2EE & JMS
- Understanding of PL/SQL programing concepts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Experience working with large datasets in Equity, Commodities, Forex, Futures and Options asset classes.
- Experience with Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Trading platforms.
- Basic Knowledge of User Interface design & development using JQuery, HTML5 & CSS.
- Basic Knowledge of Python/Scala/Spark
- Basic Knowledge of PL/SQL programming
- Basic Knowledge of Infrastructure.