About the job
- To demonstrate experience and competence working in a partnership capacity with business stakeholders, the Global HRBP for Business Unit and other functional HR leads to influence and achieve business strategic priorities.
- To proactively provide guidance & support on all aspects of people management to maximise individual performance.
- To ensure India Business Partner activity reflects the Business Unit HR Strategy as defined by the Global HRBP and that it is consistent in its application with the activity of other regional HR Managers for Business Unit.
- Act as a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant for senior managers to improve team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance.
- Provides strong leadership and direction on key functional areas including Strategic Workforce Planning, Talent, Organization Design, and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Partners with specialist groups (e.g. Recruitment, Talent, Reward, HR operations, Employee Relations, Global Mobility ) to develop, deliver and promote initiatives that match business needs and the strategic direction set at Enterprise TR level.
- To work with business stakeholders on Recruitment - attending staff group meetings to discuss and agree filling of vacancies and salary levels. using the GRF framework.
- Implement the TR talent process within India , using it to embed talent into the leadership team's operating rhythm. Be an advocate for the talent agenda with management, building knowledge and networks of Business Unit' talent, integrating talent with other HR processes (such as resourcing, succession planning, leadership development, and learning), and promoting the flow of talent across other business units.
- To actively contribute and work with the Business Unit HR team to identify improvements in working and implement changes to create smoother functioning processes.
- To challenge & make recommendations on current operating practises with a view to bringing improvements.
- To manage International Assignees ( IA’s), international transfers, localizations and repatriations in accordance with the set procedures.
- Performance Management: working with managers particularly at mid-year and year end to prepare and facilitate the Performance Assessment Workshop (PAW) sessions.
- OCM (Online Compensation Management)- ensure the smooth running of pay review during the key months, January to March. Provide clear instructions and guidance to managers in terms of allocating increases and making changes to AIP bonus. Work with managers to ensure all data is input. Review data to ensure correct for loading on OCM. Review comp statements issued by managers and work with managers to resolve any errors.
- Partner with managers in driving culture change and enhancing organizational effectiveness and change management initiatives; driving employee engagement; and supporting the managers in nurturing a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Coordinate with HR Operations who support Business Unit to ensure consistent, coherent HR delivery across the unit and ensure that activities are tied to business strategy and plans.
- Use metrics and analytics to help inform management decisions, e.g. understanding Business Unitroom footprint, understanding talent alignment and resource allocation, driving strategic workforce planning using predictive analytics and scenario modeling.
- Quickly understand the HR system – Workday and help the business in terms of any activities related to Workday ( in terms of raising requisition , compensation approvals , promotion process , probation confirmation process etc)
- Ability to effectively work with Global Stakeholder and Local leaders
- Ability to work effectively with HR sub functions and manage end to end of all operational and strategic activities and initiatives
- Business Acumen with knowledge on commercials and business process Exposure to and experience of working in global and complex matrix organizations.
- In depth understanding of complex HR concepts across the Industry and market. Ability to build and execute framework on various HR related concepts backed by the ability to sell and execute HR solutions to Business
- Understands the client groups high level objectives, makes recommendations, builds a plan and proactively brings forward solutions that may shape operational strategy
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of HR policies
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with emphasis on communication skills and relationship management.
- Effective influencing and consulting skills. To be a trusted HR person for the BU leadership team and HR sub function
- Communicates difficult and complex concepts effectively by altering communication style to the audience, translate high level strategy to executable pieces.
- Solves complex problems which may be multidisciplinary or require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Ability to manage change across organization with ease
- Partners appropriately with the communications CoE. the other HR functions as well as with Business leaders.
- Proven experience and exposure in handling sensitive employee relations and dismissal situations
- Supports and drives general large-scale HR initiatives and employee life cycle events
- Leads projects and contributes to country level, global and enterprise initiatives
- Well organized and disciplined with regard to the application of HR policy, procedures and standards.
- The ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment.
- Hands on individual and who could deal with ambiguity in the modern VUCA world
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Post Graduate in Human Resources (MSW or MBA in HR) preferable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel essential.
- Ability to represent HR team in BU leadership forum
- Preferably having 10 + years of experience with minimum of 7 years as HRBP/generalist and 3 years of COE experience
- Personal Qualities
- Resilience Integrity
- Business Focus
- Proactive & Pragmatic
- Strong in HR systems and is hands on person.