The Role – Data Analyst
The Location: Hyderabad
Team to work closely with our energy market analysts and Onsite IT team to be responsible for day-to-
day data processes and automations. In this role you will look to understand data and apply the
applicable business logics and metadata to turn data into information, information into insight and
insight into business decisions. You will also work closely with Business Intelligence and IT teams to
implement automated workflows, products and processes.
The Impact: This role has a core impact to our data science and modelling team in adding value to our
data through data quality and enhancements. This role serves as the backbone of our Data science
workbench and you will contribute to turning our data into information and insights.
What’s in it for you : Data is at the core of all our products and strategy, understanding the data from an
analytical and technical point of view can open opportunities across the business. An individual who can
excel at this role will be known throughout numerous leadership teams – allowing for many
opportunities of growth within the first couple of years.
The Business: Dynamic Data team tasked with ensuring the integrity of our data and the automation
and visualization of processes and data flows. The team is supportive and collaborative with exposure to
many business units from modelling to IT. They work great at moving forward with the group’s mission
and goals. A new member of this team will hit the ground running and collaborate with his/her team
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for a process orientated, methodological thinker with a keen
eye for detail, who has proven experience working and leading structured workflows leveraging Data
science technical skills. Someone who enjoys dealing with large sets of data and problem solving. This
role would be ideal for someone proactive and eager to learn about various commodity markets or data.
The role is a great place to hone your skills and grow within a strong and collaborative team.
• Ability to understand a problem statement and implement analytical solutions & techniques
independently being proactive and thought leadership.
• Contribute and manage daily processes ensuring you find, investigate, resolve and report issues
to the end users.
• Maintain new and existing data change request backlog to ensure all requests are tracked and
• Prioritise backlog with analysts to ensure our dataset is accurate and up to date.
• To be able to understand market data and apply business metadata to new and existing pipeline
data flows and help us deliver market relevant analytics content to internal users, external users
• Fast learner: ability to learn and pick up a new tool/ platform quickly.
• Collaborate and coordinate with wider group of analysts and assist in analytical support of
various commodity datasets
• Maintain and modify analytical models and visualize datasets
• To be able to implement and maintain automated workflows, model distributions and monitor
• To be able to conceptualize, design, and deliver high-quality solutions and insightful analysis.
• Conduct research and prototyping innovations; data and requirements gathering; solution
scoping on Platts advanced analytics platforms
• Work closely with stakeholders/ Product owners and diverse group of analysts to identify
opportunities in various Platts products and service offerings and leverage technology to drive
• University degree in Science, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information
Management or Statistics
• Proven working experience of data management as a data analyst
• Ability to retrieve, interrogate, manipulate and analyse data and presenting findings
• Experience of working and leading processes in agile work streams driving data quality and
improvement, experience of Visual Studio (VSTS) desirable but not essential
• Experience of working and collaborating with onsite teams essential
• Knowledge of business intelligence tools for analysing datasets and visualizing data
• Strong communication skills over email, instant chat and face-to-face and experience of
building constructive working relationships
• A Strong track record and demonstrable interest in analysing data.
• Knowledge/ interest of various commodity markets desirable but not essential.
• Strong knowledge and experience working with databases (MS SQL Server, PostgresSQL)
• Expert level proficiency in at least three of Python, Spark, MATLAB and AWS cloud.
• Ability to create efficient solutions to complex problems. Strong skills in data-structures and
• Experience of working on end-to-end data science pipeline: problem scoping, data
gathering, EDA, modelling, insights, visualizations, monitoring and maintenance.
• Problem-solving: Ability to break the problem into small parts and applying relevant
techniques to drive required outcomes.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of machine learning, probability theory, statistics,
algorithms, NLP and Deep Learning. If you know few of them you are good to go.
• Experience working with Tableau is preferable but not essential.
• Proven working experience in Unified analytics platforms like Databricks is beneficial.