What kind of person are we looking for?
First-principle problem solvers who are passionate about working with data and uncovering the stories that the numbers hide. If you're a curious mind and constantly questions the status-quo, then you'd fit right in with us.
What would you get if you work with us?
You'll be closely working on problem statements and influencing decisions that impacts 300M people. That's 20% of the country, if you're not keeping track. You'll get to interact with some of the smartest professionals that the country has to offer and get exposure to all facets of building a product and at scale. You get complete ownership and responsibility of all analytics support for your area - right from identifying the problem to presenting to the CEO, if need be.
What would you get to do in this role?
- Be an integral part of the pod strategy and will have to define the critical metrics. You'll also monitor performance trends and influence any interventions, based on performance.
- Collaborate closely with the business, and product functions to understand the business problem and translate them into the right analytical problem statement
- Own the entire insight generation phase and work on deep, thorough analysis to provide unbiased answers on the identified problem statement. These insights and decisions will be influenced based on your presentation of the evidence, backed by data-driven hypothesis
- Move past just being the "Data person" and contribute with individual thoughts on how to improve the critical metrics for the pod. We love people who think of themselves as the business owner and then goes back to the data to prove or disprove the thought.
- Act as the analytics and visualization SME for the team and ensure that the dashboards are designed and built in a way that makes it easy for the pod to consume the data they need
- Mentor other analysts in the team; play an active role in hiring process & new team members' onboarding process
What do you need to have to apply for this position?
- Minimum 3 years of analytics experience in relevant roles
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Penchant for business & curiosity to understand how the product works
- Ability to write complex queries on SQL to manipulate, consolidate multiple data sources for the purpose of dashboarding and analysis
- Intuition for data and ability to handle big data sources
- Strong working knowledge in Excel and visualization tools like PowerBI, Tableau, QlikView
- Understanding of data-analysis languages such as R, Python and in core statistical concepts is expected;
- Experience in building ML models is good-to-have, but not mandatory
-Ability to clearly explain thoughts and ideas either verbally or in the written form.
- Candidates who are able to explain the story behind their analysis will find themselves at an advantage