|Company||financial information company|
|Required Experience||10-20 Years|
|CTC||Open to Discuss|
|Posted On||29 Sep 2021|
|Application Deadline||31 Dec 2021|
TOGAF, ITIL,Ultra Low Latency, FIX, SWIFT, middleware & Database.
The role of AVP of Infrastructure governance is critical to the Infrastructure & cloud unit to drive
scale, simplification, resilience of application and infrastructure across critical business
To achieve these, leading a small high performance team covering AMERICA, Europe and
ASIA, the AVP of infrastructure acts as gatekeeper for all projects with architecture significant
changes to drive compliance to infrastructure technology standards.
With her/his team the leader
Review and sign off project deployment against architecture standards and service
Drive compliance to I&C and enterprise policies and standards.
Support solutions architect in refining and improving their design.
Identify strategic and immediate standard evolution to best serve the business while
driving the technology strategy agenda.
Act as second pair of eyes for solution design within the I&C architecture group
Owns the technical governance process for I&C and ensure proper communication and
review of standards through the Architecture Domain forums.
The AVP of Infrastructure governance is deputy of the Head of Architecture in chairing the
Architecture Review Board of the Infrastructure and Cloud unit and is the architecture voice
and sign off for I&C in the business unit architecture Review Board. The leader is also Co-
Deputy of the Head of Architecture for the enterprise ARB.
As senior technical lead She/he contributes to and supports the strategic technology agenda
with cloud, Software Defined Infrastructure, AI, operational excellence and customer focus. For
this and in the governance role the AVP of Infrastructure governance will have to deliver
reviews or analysis and present findings to the CIOs of the group business units.
Desirable experience for the role
Architecture solution for applications or infrastructure of business-critical services for regulated
Technology governance, Infrastructure architecture. Operation, Cloud. It Security.
Understanding of financial markets their dynamic and the sub-segment that makes it.
Desirable skills for the role
Understanding of financial market technologies: Ultra Low Latency, FIX, SWIFT, middleware &
Data center infrastructure technology (storage, compute, network, services)
Financial market: in 3 or more of pre-trade and trading and post trade, pricing and analytic, buy
side IB, Wealth
TOGAF, ITIL, agile practice a plus
While all leaderships behaviors are of values the following one are of specific interest for the
Inspires team to own and deliver the vision
Aspires for excellence - demands the highest standards for self and teams.
Agile and solution-oriented: takes ownership of outcomes.
Motivates high performing teams to deliver without compromising quality.
Reaches across the organisation to bring the right expertise and diverse thinking
Shows a deep understanding of and continual curiosity about trends, customer needs.
Applies sound judgement and decision making to pursue ideas that deliver
Ensures clarity of purpose, direction and priorities.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues
thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership,
Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively
seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at
ways to become more agile, so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe
that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential
and growth of all colleagues
Knowledge & Skill :
• Broad business and managerial knowledge of a specific sub-function, BU or technical
• General knowledge of all relevant business relationships within company
• Overall understanding of company businesses and other functional groups
• Resolves complex business issues through application of in-depth skills, knowledge and
understanding of industry issues
• Demonstrates people leadership skills for significant populations or technical experts
Scope of Impact :
• Provides leadership and direction for specific function areas or sub-units
• Manages financial and operational results
• Responsible for quality and quantity of work, motivating staff, methodology, discipline and
• Provides input on resolving key issues that directly impact business
• Proactively recommends process, product or improvements to internal/ external business
challenges or regulatory issues
• Solves unique and complex problems that impact the business
Strategic Planning & Decision Making :
• Develops and executes operational strategy for department
• Contributes to development of wider function strategies
• Determines, evaluates and modifies department goals to meet current and future needs
• Directs resource allocation to meet performance requirements in own area
• Addresses complex business issues beyond immediate needs or where established policies
can be adapted
• Decisions guided by BU or functional strategies