As an Advanced Analytics Expert you will be empowered to drive a portfolio of projects that will deliver business results. You will be working for the Market Intelligence division but empowered to work across the 4 divisions at S&P as a part of the Data Transformation team, and will be using statistical and other analytical tools to build and deliver end to end solutions.
Team – Data Transformation (DT)
Advanced Analytics represents a massive opportunity to improve quality and efficiency, to expand into new markets and products, and create customer and shareholder value. To leverage the advancements in advanced analytics it’s imperative to not only invest in the tools and technologies but also democratize them, build literacy and empower the work force. The Data Transformation team's mission is to drive this strategy across S&P Global and help create a truly lean and digital workplace.
What’s in it for you?
- Get a ringside view and be a part of a massive digital transformation with the potential to learn and work on the latest technologies
- Work independently on end to end process improvement projects by owning the entire project lifecycle including stakeholder management
- Help democratize analytical solutions, technologies and methodologies and contribute towards creating a truly lean and analytical workplace
What we’re looking for?
A person who is resourceful, adaptable, creative, and detailed/results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
5 – 8 years of experience with 2 – 5 years in the statistical analysis and advanced analytics space
- Knowledge of statistical analysis:
- Correlation and Regression
- Hypothesis testing
- Statistical Process Control
- Data types and Statistical distributions
- Analysis of variance
- Data visualization
- Predictive analytics
- Statistical Inference: confidence intervals and hypothesis tests for a variety of data scenarios. Carry out estimation and hypothesis testing in a variety of data situations.
- Be able to summarize data: Summarize data in graphs, produce important and meaningful numerical summaries, learn about the relationships among different variables and find unusual/anomalous data values.
- Knowledge of process mapping and root cause analysis techniques
- Project management and stakeholder management experience preferred
- Business intelligence/process visualization tools knowledge: Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Programming knowledge: Python or R preferred. Proficiency in python coding to augment automation/analytics projects
- Experience in advanced data analytics to describe, diagnose, and predict business outcomes based on large data sets.
- Hands-on ability to build quick prototype/visuals to assist with high level product concepts and capabilities
- Experience in deployment and management of applications utilizing cloud-based infrastructure
- Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with senior executives, IT Management, and developers
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Ability to work in a cross functional, multi geographic teams displaying cultural sensitivity and championing diversity & inclusion